Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Dept. of Codes/Laws - Things to Consider

If you are working on a hotel project in Dubuque, Iowa: "Any Hotel in the city limits must have a water bucket and hitching post in front of the building."

In Mount Vernon, Iowa: "One must obtain written permission from the City Council before throwing bricks into a highway."
Nogales, Arizona: "An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders."

In Fort Madison, Iowa: "The fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire."

Marshalltown, Iowa: "Horsed are forbidden to eat fire hydrants"

Related to Ice Cream (my favorite food)
Indianola, Iowa: The "Ice Cream Man" and his truck are banned.
Carmel, CA: "Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor)"
Alabama: "You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time."
Georgia: "No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday."
Lexington, Kentucky: "No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday."

This seriously "harshes-my-mellow", since I usually like to carry my ice cream in my back pocket, don't you?? I'll have to be careful when I visit those states!

Last one (in Alabama): "Boogers may not be flicked into the wind."

Just sayin'... as you were.

[Source: http://www.dumblaws.com]

No comments: