Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Schematic Design Toilet Partitions

One approach to "fast" that I've preferred over the last few years for laying out toilet partitions is to use walls and doors. This instead of hunting down specific family assemblies. That's fine later when we pick some "real" stuff but early on I just want to sketch them. Who knows we might decide to move them elsewhere?? I've posted a video that explains what you see in this image here (or at YouTube).


Or listen and watch now, here...

8 comments:

Ppppppp said...

Good tip, my toilet partitions line weights are always to thick. will use this trick in future.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

And would you filter the doors so they don't appear in the Door Schedule as well? Seems like there would be a better way to do these and do them quickly. This is a great idea I just get tired of some of the 'workarounds' for obvious things - thanks Autodesk keep up the good work

Architect said...

Great idea and good video.
Thanks Steve

all partitions said...

Nicely done!

TPH Supply said...

Very useful!

phenolic toilet partitions said...

Thanks for the schematic design of toilet partitions! It is very well explained and the video helps a lot.

sLOw-cal said...

I just came across this post today. It is a great way to do partitions. Thank you. I am having trouble with the doors though. In elevation they show some form of extrusion from the bottom of the door panel down to the floor, even if I use the similarly 12" AFF offset wall as it's host. What am I doing wrong?

Toilet Partitions said...

I found this video great helpful as i want a partitions in my toilet's. After reading this, i get fully aware of how to do it..