Thursday, February 04, 2010

Dept. of Subtle - Invert Background and Copy/Monitor

Users who prefer a black background have to suffer slightly poorer graphic quality when seeing various icons that Revit uses. A good example of this is the Copy/Monitor tool. When you use this tool a little icon appears of a sine wave, EKG or "heartbeat" symbol.

I personally liked the old "evil eye", eyeball that used to show up...but I digress.

The point is that this icon is invisible when you use the black background. A VIDEO is equal to all these words.

2 comments:

Erik said...

I have suspected that you might not be able to see all of your information when the background was inverted. And I have been telling our users that in an effort to convert them to a white background (although I still prefer black in ACAD.)

Do you know of anything else that doesn't show when you invert the background? Any more ammunition to get them to not invert would be appreciated.

Paul F. Aubin said...

I had a student the other night on a black background and they were not see temporary dimension numbers.